1) Check their DHEC rating and Liability insurance. Most people baking from their homes don’t have either. This may not seem important, but if they don’t do your cake as you ordered, you will not be able to get any pay back. The worst scenario is if your guest become ill from the cake, they could sue you instead of the insurance company.
2) The next step is to see if they are available for you date.
3) Have a cake tasting. Be sure if you are going to use fondant, that you try it at the tasting. We make our own fondant and it tastes good and stays soft. Every bought fondant we have tried taste terrible and gets hard.
4) Once you have decided on a bakery, be sure you have a detailed contract that leaves no room for error.
5) Call your baker a few days before the wedding and go over the contract to double check everything.
6) If you are going to pick up your cake, ask the baker what kind of room do you need in your vehicle. Be as early as the baker and venue will allow. This will give you ample time for slow driving and if anything goes wrong, you will have time to get it fixed.
7) Be sure that the reception site will have someone there to guide the delivery person to to cake table.
Our main service areas include these cities in South Carolina :
Greenville, Greer, Spartanburg,Pacolet, Simpsonville, Mauldin, Belton, Clemson, Easley, Seneca, Hartwell, Donalds, Ware Shoals, Greenwood, Newberry, Prosperity, Winnsboro, Irmo, Lexington, Columbia, lugoff, Camden, Kershaw, Rock Hill,York, Gaffney, Saluda, Calhoun Falls, Williamston, Fork Shoals, Princeton, Gray Court, Fountain Inn, Woodruff, Pelham, Duncun, Lyman, Welford, Taylors, Inman, Gramling, Campobello, Landrum, Travelers Rest, Tigerville, Cleveland, Caesar’s Head, Slater-Marietta, Pickens, Powdersville, Conestee, Clinton, Liberty, Anderson, Pelzer, Westminster, Chapin, Honea Path,North Carolina : Shellby, Charlotte, Harrisburg, Concord, Lincolnton, Hendersonville, Ashville, Weaverville, Marion, Clayton, Highlands, Frankland,Georgia : Atlanta, Gainsville, Maysville, Jefferson, Elberton, Royston, Toccoa, Clarksville